Monday, October 31, 2011

Just Dance 3!

Today I started my first day of practicum at Birch Creek Elementary in Smithfield.  I was really sick last night and it lasted through the night so this morning when I woke up at 6:30 I got ready as fast as I could so that I could lie down for a bit before meeting Katie at 8:00 to carpool over.  I was so nervous, but as soon as I met Mrs. El-Bakri and the little, adorable Kindergarteners I was reminded all over again why I am majoring in Early Childhood and Elementary Education!  The day was a little hectic with all of the children and teachers in Halloween costumes, but oh so much fun!  I am really looking forward to tomorrow!  By the end of the school day I was pooped and we didn't actually get home until 4:45.  I made dinner...french dip sandwiches, steak fries and fry sauce, and a green salad...and we all enjoyed it together.  Then it was time for the Halloween party preparations!  Okay, can I just mention that I feel like Halloween has lasted a month this year!  I was lame and actually took off my costume for the party.  After wearing the whole day at school I was ready for some normal clothes.  We set up a projector outside, made some hot chocolate and muddy buddies, and waited for others to show up.  There were some amazing costumes and we had a great time!  Just Dance 3 is phenomenal...so much that we are getting up at 6:00 tomorrow morning to play a bit more!  The party is still going but I am done for the day (yeah, it is only 9:52).  Happy Halloween!












No comments:

Post a Comment