Friday, October 7, 2011

I have a HUGE favor to ask

This Sunday I have to teach a lesson.  A few weeks ago I was called as Temple Prep teacher in my student ward.  I have taught a lot within different church callings and assignments but this is definitely the most intimidated and humbled that I have felt.  I have a wonderful class and it keeps on growing so that makes me excited.  The lesson this Sunday is "Temple Work Brings Greater Blessings into Our Lives".  With General Conference, I have had almost two whole weeks to prepare this lesson.  It has been on my mind and the topic of my scripture study.  I have learned a lot but I still feel a little stumped as to how Heavenly Father wants me to present this amazing lesson by the Spirit.  I think about the blessings that I have received and they seem to be custom-fit for my life and circumstances.  It came to me last night, that I should ask all of you wonderful followers to comment on this post and share what blessings you have received from going to the temple or just from having temples around us.  I don't care if it is one word or a few paragraphs...anything would be appreciated!  Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lauren...blessings of the Temple...there are so many, but I think my favorite one right now would be the feeling of being completely "out of this world" There is so much filth and anger and pride in our everyday lives, I feel that melt away when I walk through the doors of the Temple. It is an amazing place where everyone is equal and everyone is loved. You will do an amazing job, I wish I were there to hear you! Love ya tons, Karlene

    ReplyDelete