It is Christmas Eve and so this is going to be a short post with lots of pictures! Today was AMAZING! It was focused on spending time with family, serving, and thinking about the true meaning of Christmas! Oh, and I can't forget, it was also spent celebrating Brooke's birthday! Yeah, she was born on Christmas Eve 28 years ago and she is one special girl! Brooke, I love you so much!
Here is the run down of the events that took place today:
- Annual Christmas breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. This is my Dad's little treat for the whole family. When he sends out the invitations he includes something "Christmasy" that we have to wear. This year it was funky hats. Check these pictures out! It was a hoot!
|Lincoln, Brooke, Carter, Derek|
|Heidi, Jet, Mark|
|Grandpa, Grandma, Bev...my Grandpa made the hats...SWEET!|
|Taylor, Jet, Maria|
|Landon, Kelly, Trevor, Zach, Ryan, Brandt|
|Taylor, Lance, Mark, Brad, Jet, Maria, Heidi, LaRae, Melesah|
|Kristin, Ella, Hannah, Jordan, Crew|
- After breakfast, we came home and finished our food preparations for tomorrow. It was so fun to spend time in the kitchen with my Mom making Christmas food and treats.
- We went to visit a widow in the ward. It was so special to spend some time with her!
- We went to my grandparents house and visited. We also watched the classic "Return to Snowy River" with them.
- We went out to dinner for Brooke's birthday to the best restaurant EVER: Asian Star!
- We all opened one present tonight...Christmas jammies!
- We had a gingerbread decorating contest! It was so much fun! It really didn't end up being a competition...just a great time!
- Now we are all in bed waiting for Santa's arrival!