Monday, December 19, 2011

Pure Goodness

Seriously, today was pure goodness.  This morning I went with my cousin Heidi and her neighbor to the elementary school in their area.  Heidi's neighbor's daughter (wow, that's a mouthful) was doing a little presentation about Christmas in the Netherlands in her 3rd Grade class and asked if I would come and share a few things.  It was so much fun to be able to share a little bit of the Dutch culture and to be able to reflect on my last two Christmas seasons in the Netherlands...those were such good times.  Anyway, I just want to say thank you to Heidi for providing that opportunity for me!  It was so good to see you and Jet and Mark today.  

Afterwards, I did a little planning with my Mom and then we headed out shopping.  Shopping, shopping shopping...it never ends!  We did most of our grocery shopping for the next week and we had a lot of fun doing it.  With my Mom, you just can't go wrong!  Our main focus of the shopping was for this evening.  A while back we decided that we wanted to invite a few widows from our ward to come to our house for an evening to share the Christmas spirit with them.  We wanted to make it a special night for them so we pulled out the Christmas china and made a delicious ham dinner.  Tonight was probably one of the highlights of this Christmas season so far.  For a second, time just stood still and we were just able to enjoy the moment together.  After dinner we gathered around the piano and sang Christmas carols.  It was just beautiful!  I love these three women, Addie, Idonna, and Joy, so much and it was a blessing for me and my family to have them over.  It truly was pure goodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment