Saturday, October 8, 2011

I am the luckiest girl!

Mom, Brooke, Lincoln, and Carter came to Logan this weekend!  My family is so good at making weekend trips to come and spend time with me but I never want to make them feel like they have to because their lives are so busy, especially during the weekend!  But my mom had planned to come up this weekend about a month ago with my dad, Carli, and Corbin.  There were a few things that came up so they all couldn't come but my Mom still wanted to and Brooke ended up being able to come too.  The timing was perfect!  After being sick in bed for 3 days and still not feeling well I wanted my family!  Don't get me wrong, I was very well taken care of others during the week, but there is just something about family that is different.  So they came and it was absolutely wonderful and a blessing for me!  They arrived at about 4:30 yesterday!  When they arrived we were all hungry so we went to dinner at Cafe Sabor.  It was delish!  We stayed in a hotel and just had a relaxing and chill night!  We watched Monsters Inc. with the boys and, after they had fallen asleep, we stayed up talking and laughing until midnight!  We all slept in this morning until 9...unbelievable!  We all must have been really tired!  We grabbed a bite to eat at the breakfast room, got ready, and then headed out for the day!  I had heard that there was a little "Boo at the Zoo" day at the Willow Park Zoo here in Logan so we took Carter and Lincoln.  It was so cute and the boys had so much fun!  We stayed there until 1:30 and then stopped to get some lunch at Firehouse.  Mmmmm.  Lincoln kept saying that he wanted to go back to Logan.  We couldn't figure out what he was saying until we made the connection that in his mind, Logan was my apartment.  We had to laugh about that one!  We came back to my apartment and just hung out for a bit.  The boys found the gun to the "Duck Hunt" game for the super old Nintendo sitting on our TV cabinet.  We had never hooked the Nintendo up but I decided that it might be fun for them to play with.  It was fun for them, but it became a serious competition between Brooke, my mom, and me.  We kept trying to beat each other's records with the number of ducks we could shoot per round!  We were cracking up!  At about 4:00 everyone was tired, especially the little ones.  They packed up and headed out.  It was hard to see them leave but I loved the weekend with them!  I really am the luckiest girl alive!  Thanks so much for coming!  I love you!
Brooke and Mom enjoying chips and salsa!
Carter was not too happy about taking a pic...all he wanted to do was go outside and see the train track.
Linc is such a good little buddy!
I was so happy to have these two little dudes in Logan!
It is a MUST to stop at the Bluebird and ice up a few chocolates for a late night snack:)
Carter and Lincoln LOVE Thomas the train!  They had so much fun playing with Thomas at the hotel.
Cart loves his hat from Grandpa B.!  The hat was needed with the chilly weather that has blown in!
The first two pictures with Curious George are cute but this third one is definitely my favorite!  Love you, Mom!
The kids had so much fun playing games, winning prizes, getting their faces painted, making crafts, and looking at all of the animals!
By the time we got to lunch after the zoo, both of the boys were pretty tired, but they were still troopers!

No comments:

Post a Comment