Sunday, October 9, 2011

SUPER SUNDAY!

Oh my goodness!  Today was wonderful!  It all started this morning at 6 when I woke up feeling so much better than I have for a week!  I finally feel like I am going to feel better someday...hopefully within the week!  I met Tish in the kitchen and we threw together our Taco Soup dinner.  It was so fun to be up early and preparing for the Sabbath.  It reminded me a lot of being home and doing those same kinds of things with my mom.  I then took some time to finish up the final preparation on my Temple Prep lesson.  Karlene, thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog about blessings that you receive from going to the temple!  Your comment helped and inspired me!  As I was eating my oatmeal and looking back through my notes for my lesson, a thought came to my mind to share this story:

If you haven't read this book, I would highly encourage you to do so!  You can even borrow mine!  I received this book a long time ago from my parents for Christmas and I just love the message it shares...and it happened to go right along with my lesson.  I am so thankful for the inspiration that comes from a loving Heavenly Father!  Church was wonderful!  Sacrament Meeting was all about charity and it just got me so motivated to work on developing that Christlike Attribute.  I am so thankful for the example of the Savior and so many others around me who have that attribute.  I am thankful that I can look up to them.  My lesson went so good!  Not that I presented it amazingly or anything but because class members were so excited to learn and participate!  The Spirit was there.  It made me fall in love with my calling even more! 
After church, we had another apartment over for lunch.  It was so much fun to get to know those girls better!  By the time we had finished our lunch, we had a whole apartment full of people and we were having a great time laughing and talking.  I am loving where I live because I am surrounded by such good people!  We all decided at about 3 that we were ready for a nap.  At 5:15 we headed up to campus as a group for the 1st Annual Valley-Wide Young Adult Devotional.  Elder Ronald A. Rasband, Senior President for the Presidency of the Seventy, spoke to us.  It was sooo good.  He focused on reaching out to the lost sheep and bringing them back to the fold.  
It helped me reflect on the many amazing miracles I saw throughout my mission as inactive or less-active members came back to full activity and enjoyed the wonderful joy and blessings of the gospel.  It reminded me of the awesome experience I had during my mission to be taught by Elder Rasband and Elder M. Russell Ballard.  It was a little push to remind me to continue doing things to reach out to those that are lost.  It was a great opportunity to make new goals and recommit myself to be a better disciple of Christ.  
Also, during the fireside, I had a few other random pieces of inspiration: some having to do with how I can improve my personal prayers...yes!, some having to do with people I needed to call tonight.  So when I got home, I made several phone calls and had some great conversations!  I love when Heavenly Father tells me to do simple things and I actually do them because sometimes He also lets me know why, and sometimes those little simple things produce miracles.  Love that!  Anyway, today was just a really, really good Sunday.  And, to top it off, my little brother Corb called me and told me that his mission papers were submitted tonight!  He could get his call in a week and a half, which is the same day that I would be in SL for my doctor's appointment...PERFECT!  So please pray that Corb will get his call on October 19th.  Thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. Did you secretly pray for or about me? I got a phone call on Sunday night...... :)

    ReplyDelete