Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Little Things

Today was one of those days when the little things meant so much to me.  Here are a few of them:

  • I was able to get up at 6 am this morning to finish up some lesson planning for today and I got done  just in time
  • I was observed by my university supervisor for the first time as I taught the last lesson in my unit of long division.  I think it went well!
  • A little fourth grader came up to me at the end of the lesson and asked me if I would be willing to stay in with her at recess to practice long division.  I am thankful for the trust she put in me!
  • At lunch I thoroughly enjoyed my peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwich, yogurt, apple, and carrots in my little brown lunch bag.  There was also a little surprise in the faculty room for all of us...some delicious cheesecake!
  • I taught a science lesson and a language lesson and they went over well.  I am really loving these fourth graders!  And, get this: they have already learned to say good morning, ready, cool. problems, stop, and now in Dutch!  
  • I attended my seminar after school until 5:30 and I learned so much!  It was focused on implementing music and graphic organizers in the classroom.  I got some great ideas!
  • I ate a delicious roast dinner made by Steph!  Have I ever told you how much I love roommate dinner?  Well, I guess I can tell you one more time...I DO!  
  • Attended the special needs institute class.  That is seriously one of the best hours of my whole week because those people with special needs remind me of what is most important in life.  I am so thankful that I was able to sit next to my buddy, LeDawn.  I am thankful for the cute comments that were made, like the one by Patty: "Heavenly Father, well, He's okay sometimes."  They are so sweet and innocent and pure.
  • Walked out of Institute the same time as Steph so we were able to walk to our cars together and chat.  
  • Wrote letters to some people that I have been thinking about a lot lately.  
  • Talked to my Mom and Brooke on the phone
  • Started the 28 day challenge....I will fill you in on that later...my sisters and I are starting a joint blog.
  • Chatted with Carolynn for a good hour.
  • Went to Twizleberry for the first time with Wendi, Carolynn, Kristie, Steph, Eller, Dee, and Chelsea.  It was super delicious and a great time.
  • Walked across the parking lot with Carolynn to pick up some necessities for dinner tomorrow.
  • Finished the day with roommate prayer.
Bring on another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment