Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tests, Zumba, Tacos, Frogs, Cups, and Miss America

You might be wondering what those seven words have to do with each other.  Well, they actually sum up my day!  It was a very nice Saturday and I am just loving the fact that this will be a long weekend with no school on Monday!  This morning I had to be on campus by 7:15 to take the big Praxis test.  It is a 2 hour multiple choice and essay test that I have to take this semester to get licensed and begin teaching.  It was my second of two that I have to take and I just hope that I pass this one as well!  It was a little more difficult than the last one so I am anxious  to get my scores back in four weeks!  After the test, I went with Carolynn, Tish, Katie, and Wendi to Zumba!  All I have to say that it was fabulous!  This evening we all met at Carolynn's apartment and made tacos.  They were yummy and it was a lot of fun to cook together.  We also played this frog game that my dad just made for me.  It is one of those crazy games that my family played when I was growing up.  We had a great time with it!  Another crazy thing my family used to do was see who could fit their lips around the rim of a cup.  I don't know what gave me the urge to get it started tonight when we were all together but we did get some pretty good pictures and I decided to share them!  To end the night, we went to Wendi's house to watch the Miss America pageant.  I always love the talent portion but I was definitely a little disappointed with the swimsuit and evening gown parts.  No modesty at all!  I am also disgusted with TV in general!  I have not watched TV in a long time and I could not believe the shows that were being advertised during the commercials!  It makes me so sad.  It also makes me thankful that I can find other ways to have good, clean fun...like tonight!













2 comments: