Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm alive!

I made a goal to do a blog post yesterday and I obviously failed!  So, I repented and I am doing it today!  I don't really know where to begin to catch up with everything in my life so I am going to write about whatever comes to my mind!  First of all, student teaching is going great...I think.  Today I decided that I pretty much never want to be a teacher...okay, okay, I think I was being a little dramatic but I had good reason!  I love the actual teaching part of being a teacher and I love the kids.  I have been teaching language arts lessons and a long division unit and it has been so amazing!  However, I don't love all of the politics and gossip and negative competition in the field of teaching.  It kills all of the fun!  Anyway, I am sure that it doesn't have to be that way but in all of my experiences so far I haven't seen it any other way.  There have definitely been different degrees of the negativity...I just want positivity!  That's enough of my shpill for today.  But that leads to the whole, "I love the actual teaching par to f being a teacher and I love the kids!"  I have been trying to figure out some kind of a plan lately since I am getting closer and closer to being an official real person/grown-up.  I haven't figured out too much of a plan but one thing that I know for sure is that I am starting a preschool and a kids camp this summer!  WAHOO!  I finally have something that I am completely passionate about!  After a lot of prayer and weighing pros and cons and talking to close family members and friends I finally concocted this plan.  My preschool/summer camp is called "Zomer Kids Kamp"=Summer Kids Kamp (the first one is in Dutch).  Here are the deets.  I will start the 3rd week in June and I will go for 10 weeks which will take me to the 2nd week in August.  For the preschool, we will meet every Monday and Wednesday from 9:30-12:00.  I already have all of the themes of the weeks picked out and many of the activities planned!  The age group I am targeting are those kids that will be starting their last year of preschool in the fall (or the year prior to Kindergarten).  I am accepting 8 children.  The preschool will be stocked with all brand new supplies from toys and dress up to a water table to furniture to books!  It has been so much fun to start shopping and planning!  My Dad owns his own business and half of the building is not used so there is a large room at the other end where the preschool will be.  It will be awesome!  I will include pics soon!  The summer kids camp is for kids who have completed their first year of Kindergarten up to those who have completed 2nd grade.  I will have one group that meets on Monday and Wednesday from 1:00-3:30 and the other group will meet on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-12:00.  Activities will be based on discovery and exploration with a lot of science and creativity.  I will do that in the enclosed field of my parents' backyard.  That will run for ten weeks as well!  It has been difficult to try and figure out pricing...I don't like money business.  But after talking to others who have done similar things and also figuring in the cost of supplies and snacks for every time, I decided to charge $200 for each child, which is $10 for each class that lasts 2 1/2 hours.  I hope that is fair! In each group I am capping the limit at 8 kids.  If you want to sign someone up that you know or if you want more info or if you want to spread the word, please let me know!  I am also open for any suggestions!  I've already got a number of spots filled so just get back to me ASAP!
Well, that was quite the long little chunk!  Other things are going great in my life!  I definitely count my blessings.  My poor mom's back has been out for more than a week and she is just not making much improvement so if you wouldn't mind keeping her in your prayers, that would be so kind and helpful!  Here are just a few of the latest pictures!  I promise to do a better job at blogging this week!  Love you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment