Monday, January 9, 2012

Healing

Okay, so I have to say first of all that today was a great day!  I just finished reading my post from yesterday and I can't believe just how nervous and stressed I was about beginning student teaching.  I think that I was uber super tired!  After going to bed at 10:30 last night and waking up at 7:00 this morning I was rejuvenated and ready for the day.  I think that I am really going to learn a lot over the next seven weeks in the fourth grade class that I was assigned to.  My cooperating teacher, Mrs. Cazier, is just wonderful and I have learned so much from her already.  Fourth grade is definitely a little foreign to me after all of the experience that I have had with Kindergarteners, but I am sure I will adjust and really love my time.  I didn't leave the school until 4:20 this afternoon and then, after a quick stop at Wal-Mart, I threw together a dessert for dinner.  Our ward had cancelled FHE this week but we were invited by one of the Bishopric members, Brother Love, to go to his house for dinner and the big football game.  There were about 10 girls and 4 boys.  The boys were glued to the game and the girls socialized the whole time...typical and I loved it!  Afterwards, I got a little homework done and then headed to the gym with Katie.  It feels so good to workout and relieve some stress and tension!  I just wish that I could always remember how good it feels, especially at those times when I really don't want to do it!  After I got back I prepared all of my things for tomorrow and settled into some reading.  For the past couple of days I have been reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon in Dutch and then that same chapter in English.  The Book of Mormon is so powerful!  I think that I have been searching a lot lately for some healing for physical pain.  I think that we all do at one point or another in our lives.  Today, while I was eating lunch in the faculty room, I got talking to a few teachers and found that one was struggling with Pulmonary Hypertension and the other with Leukemia.  Oh my goodness!  I couldn't even believe the things that they were struggling with!  And even more, I couldn't believe their faith and optimism and courage!  When I hear of stories like theirs I just desire that they will be healed and I actually know that they will be.  I came across this scripture tonight that tells how we will all be healed.  It is found in Mosiah 14:3-5:
3.  He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.  4.  Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  5.  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
It is only through Christ that we can be healed.  Yes, we will all be resurrected because of Him and we will all receive a complete physical healing.  That is a gift to us that will come after this life.  There is also the possibility of being healed spiritually.  That spiritual healing comes as we accept Christ as our Savior and realize the power His Atonement can have in our lives.  That spiritual healing comes as we turn to Him and try to be more like Him.  We do not have to wait for that spiritual healing.  It will probably not happen all at once but it can begin now.  How thankful I am for His healing power.  How thankful I am for the restored gospel in my life that grants me access to that healing power.  How thankful I am that I do not have to wait until the life hereafter for the healing to take place.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment