Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Goodnight!

I am tired.  Because of that tiredness, I have not blogged in over a week.  It was a bad week to miss since it is such a special time of the year but I am going to try and do a little re-cap of the events that have taken place since Christmas.  It has been quite eventful!

Christmas Morning:  When we walked up the stairs this is what we found!  It was quite a surprise.  My big gift from Santa was a freaking iPhone 4S.  I did not see that one coming and I am still a little stunned.  I am certainly thankful for it and am constantly shocked at all of the things that I can do with it!  I also received many other things and I just can't believe how blessed I am!  
Christmas is always full of excitement and fun and it was increased by a million with Lincoln and Carter.  They were so excited Christmas morning!  I am so glad that they were there to celebrate Christmas with us.  
I absolutely loved having Christmas on a Sunday.  It was so wonderful to go to church and really focus on the true meaning of Christmas.  Can we just have Christmas on Sunday every year?
After church we had a little bit of time to rest before the party started.  I don't know why but my joints and muscles have never ached as bad as they did on Christmas day.  It kind of freaked me out a little.  I don't want this to progress anymore...too bad I don't have any say in it.  Anyway, all of the family came over and there were lots more gifts to open.  Once again, it was the kids who made it so fun and magical!
Monday was pretty chill.  We got the disaster of wrapping paper and boxes and garbage cleaned up and our house put somewhat back together.  We just enjoyed the rest of the day together.  Around 4:30, we met Brandt and Kelly and their boys at the movie theater to see "The Adventures of Tintin."  Animation: amazing.  Storyline:  way too much action for me.  But still fun to just be together!

Tuesday my Mom, Brooke, Carter, Lincoln and I went to our condo off of Jordanelle reservoir to spend the day.  We did a little shopping, went to lunch, and enjoyed playing some games.  It was a fun little get-away!

Wednesday was our "put away Christmas" day.  All of our Christmas decoration boxes go on top of some high cabinets in our hall closet.  My Mom and I usually do the job of putting things away together so that one person can be up on the ladder and the other can be handing the boxes.  Well, I was a little impatient and I thought that I could just do the job myself while my Mom was down at the church doing her Visiting Teaching reports.  I was about 3/4 of the way done.  I had a large box in my hands and headed up the ladder.  About 4 feet up, the ladder flipped throwing me and the box off.  Next thing I knew, I was laying on my back with the box and its contents all over me.  I think I was in shock because I hurry and hopped up and I rushed around doing things and I really felt a lot of energy.  But, all of a sudden, I felt a pain in my foot.  As I looked down, I saw that my sock had been ripped open.  There was a large cut on the ball of my right foot.  I got a little queasy and yelled for Carli who was downstairs in the basement.  She panicked a little bit and called my Mom.  We debated on going to the doctor to maybe get some stitches but decided that it maybe wasn't too deep.  It was sore to walk on for a couple of days but it is getting better now.  It was very funny then but now I think it is quite hilarious that I actually fell off of a ladder!  For the rest of Wednesday, I went shopping with my Mom and had a Just Dance 3 party that night with Brooke.  It was epic!

On Thursday we stopped by to see my grandparents before going back up to the condo.  Phase 10 is our favorite game to play when we are all together and it was quite competitive between Brooke, my Mom, and I.  We just  can't stop laughing as well!  That night my Dad came up after work and we drove into Heber for dinner.  We ate at this cute little Mexican restaurant.  It was delish!  We ended the night with "The Sound of Music."  Seriously, that is one of the best movies ever made.  I love it.  
On New Year's Eve I invited a few friends to come up to the condo for a little New Years bash.  Tish, Katie, Carolynn and Amy came.  We went to dinner at Chick's Diner in Heber, played games, danced, painted our nails, and laughed the whole night away.  It was such a fun way to welcome in the New Year!
Today is my Mom's birthday!  WAHOO!  We had a celebration for her tonight.  It was at LaRae's house and everyone came.  I sure love my Mom!  Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

  1. Wow what a Christmas you had! I can't believe you fell off a ladder YIKES! I hope your foot is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete