Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stellar.

Stellar is the word of the day.  Everything in my life is stellar right now, especially the people.  I know that I have said this many times, but I will just have to continue saying it, that I am surrounded by the BEST and most STELLAR people ever!  No joke, there is no one in my life right now that I don't love, and that is not because I am a loving person, but because all of you are so easy to love!  Family, friends, peers, teachers, leaders....STELLAR!  I have never felt so much gratitude for the relationships I have right now.  All people I know right now help me to better come to know the Savior and Heavenly Father.  They all have talents and different ways they bless my life.  I will never be deserving of all of their service and love...but I sure love them!  I sure love you!  Thank you for your comments, kind words, prayers, friendly and sincere conversations, notes filled with love, and acts of service.  Thank you for being you!

Today I left my practicum a little early to make it to my doctors appointment in Salt Lake by 4.  My mom met me there, which I am so thankful for!  She is so supportive and gives all of her time to serve others.  We had a great appointment with Dr. Anderson.  He said that my eye tests and chest x-rays look good so he is going to start me on a medication.  The medication will not make things better but it will hopefully stop things from progressing...thankfully!  There are a few funky side effects...my wish is not to have to deal with those:)  He then gave us some time to ask questions and he gave some very clear and BOLD explanations.  My mom asked about fertility and he said that the risk definitely increases.  He said that after delivery, most with mixed autoimmune disease have a flare-up.  Some have major flare-ups and, in his own words he said, "They burn...and the crash...and then die."  Comforting, eh?  Then he talked about the risk with lungs.  He told us that if the lungs start building up scar tissue and we don't catch it soon enough "it will result in death."  I couldn't help but laugh when my mom leaned over to me and whispered, "If he mentions death one more time then he is going to experience it!"  Love the overprotective mom coming out!  Anyway, overall it was a great appointment and things are becoming more clear.  Thank goodness!

Brooke, Lincoln, Carter and Carli were so sweet to come and meet me for dinner at Mimi's Cafe before I made the drive back up to Logan.  We had a great dinner together...time is just too short!  Thanks for making my night so special!  I left Salt Lake at 6:45 and made a quick stop in Centerville to see Kelly and the boys!  It was so fun to see them and they took such good care of me!  The boys loaded me up with Halloween candy so I could stay awake while driving.  I enjoyed it very much!  My dad also called and talked to me to keep me awake and it was so good to catch up with him.  Everything was good! 

This line from "Lead, Kindly Light" keeps running through my head: "Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see the distant scene--one step enough for me."  I am learning that one step is enough.  I am usually one who likes a plan and lots of goals, but lately I have seen that my plan hasn't been His plan.  I am thankful that even if I don't know all that will take place in the future, I at least know that through faith in Him, everything will turn out.  It will all be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment