Monday, November 7, 2011

Crack-up Moments

It has been a good day filled with lots of things that have put a smile on my face or have even made me crack-up.  I love days like this.  It all started out this morning when I met Katie outside to go to school.  She presented me with this adorable little pointer that her mom had made to use in the classroom.  She was making one for Katie so she just made a second one for me!  Isn't that so thoughtful!  It definitely put a smile on my face.

During the school day we had one of those moments where kids say the cutest things!  Mrs. El-Bakri has been teaching the Kindergarteners about the White House.  Today, during rug time, she asked, "Can anyone tell me who lives in the White House?"  Almost unanimously the whole class answered, "The prophet, President Monson!"  I had to chuckle along with Mrs. El-Bakri at their response.

By the time I was finished with school I was exhausted but had to get dinner made.  I was slowly making the salad and the biscuits when I went to my cupboard to grab a spice and noticed a bag of un-opened marshmallows I had purchased for a specific dessert that I hadn't got around to making.  I needed some cheering up and a good laugh and the idea came into my mind to play "Fluffy Bunny."  For those of you who have never played this game, I will explain the rules.  Whoever can stuff the most marshmallows in their mouth and still say "Fluffy Bunny" wins.  Tish and Steph were troopers and agreed to play with me.  Tish got 3 in, Steph got 4, and I had a total of 7.  I was ready to put another in when Tish started laughing and then we all lost it!  It was just the thing I needed for a moment!
After dinner we went to Home Evening at Brother Love's house.  It was a great evening and it was especially fun to socialize with others in my ward.  As I was sitting talking to Brett, Justin walked up to me and said, "Gosh!  From a distance I thought you had a hickey but it is just your earrings!"  I was a little in shock but I thought it was hilarious too!  During our conversation, Ryan also walked up and said, "Oh yeah, when I saw you sitting I thought it was a hickey too!"  Great.  I can promise you that for the rest of my life, whenever I see or wear these earrings I will automatically think of the word "hickey".  I think I will take Brett's advice and only wear these when I have my hair down:)
I am thankful for moments like the ones I was blessed with today that spice up life!  What a blessing they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment