Thursday, September 29, 2011

A weekend with Chopsy

Carli was so excited to borrow her favorite outfit of mine.  I was happy to be able to share my clothes with someone:)


With Chopsy, there is always time for a photo shoot!

Dressed up to go to the Relief Society Meeting

Okay, so I need to clarify something.  Chops is Carli's nickname.  I don't really know where it came from but I started calling her Chops a couple of years ago and it just stuck.  I am just thankful that the nickname she tried to give to me didn't stick!  Now almost all of her friends and all of my nieces and nephews refer to her as Chops, Chopsy, or Chopsidy.  I love it!  However, my mom is not to fond of it, which I guess I can understand.  It isn't the prettiest of names:)  Now that that is cleared up, let's move on!  So Chops came up last weekend just to play.  It was soooo great!  She got here at about 6:30 on Friday night and went with Tish and Wendi and I to deliver a cake to Sister Love, and then we got some dinner and played Just Dance (by the way, Just Dance is probably my most favorite thing EVER!).  She slept at her friend's house that night so that she could get the whole freshman experience.  Yes, they did stay up until 4 am.  Saturday she came back to my place and we went up to the bookstore so that she could get a USU hoodie to wear to the football game.  She got such a cute one and will be able to really get some good use out of it since she is moving up here in January!  We went to a dinner that my stake was putting on before the broadcast and had some yummy food, and then we were fed spiritually!  It was Chopsy's first Relief Society General Meeting because she just turned 18 in January and I was so happy that I could be there with her.  We enjoyed all of the Meeting, but were especially touched by President Uchtdorf's talk!  It was amazing!  That night we made it to the last quarter (and over time) of the football game.  So sad that the Aggies didn't win!
Chops, Tish, Me, Wendi...GO AGGIES!
The next morning Chops came to church with me.  My roommates and I got up to share our testimonies during the meeting, and Chops got up too!  I have never been in a testimony meeting where she hasn't born her testimony...she is such an example to me!  She also came to my Temple Prep class and gave some amazing comments!  After church, we colored for a bit together as we watched part of Monsters Inc. and then she took a little nap before driving home.  It was so sad to watch her drive off, but the weekend was so worth it!  I just can't wait until January when she is up here for good!  I love you Chops!  Thanks for making the weekend so great!  Know that you are welcome anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment