Friday, September 16, 2011

I give you permission to laugh...

I can't believe I am really posting these pictures but I figure I might as well share the humor with everyone! I found these pictures as I was cleaning out my closet at the beginning of the summer and Brooke and I just laughed and laughed.  In high school, dances were like the most important thing ever!  It really mattered what dress you were going to wear, who you were going with, what you were doing for your day and night activity, how your hair looked...all of those silly things!  I had a lot of fun at all of the dances and have some good memories, but I have certainly come to realize that those things aren't really what matter.  Anyway, I am still glad that I have the pictures so I can have a good chuckle...what was I thinking in some of these pictures?!

My very first dance...Spring Fling of Sophmore year.  Date: Jared Day.  Dinner at my house before the dance and then a party afterwards.  Don't you love the brace face!

Homecoming of Junior Year.  Date: Michael Sayer. Lunch at Cafe Rio, games at a park, Color Me Mine, dinner at Applebee's, activity afterwards (I don't remember what it was).
Morp of Junior year.  No date...just a big group of friends!  I loved this dance...twirling competition with Jeremy...I won!

Sadie Hawkins Junior year.  Date: Andy Wasden.  We had a good time!

Sweethearts Junior year.  Date: Tyler Sorenson.  Lots of laughs!
Prom Junior year.  Date: Wesley Simon.  I left out the couple picture for a good reason...I look awful!  Maybe as time goes on I will be able to laugh a little more about that one too and I will share it with you:)

Spring Fling Junior year.  Date: Jeremy Knowles.  So chill!  I really enjoyed this one.
Morp Junior Year.  No date again!  So crazy fun!  Can you find me?  Yes, I am the creepy Raggedy-Ann in the front.
Sadie Hawkins Senior year.  Date: we kept switching throughout the day and night.  For every activity we would draw a name and that was our date until the next activity...it was wonderful!

Sweetheart Senior year.  This was such a special dance for me.  I was in the Special Needs Seminary class and decided that I wanted to take one of the boys in the class to the dance.  I got a few AMAZING friends in on it with me and it was a blast!  I love all of these people!
Prom Senior year.  Date: John Southwick.  Very fun!  This is the one dance that ended earlier than the others. ...I got home at 10:00.  If you want to hear a good story, just let me know!
Spring Fling Senior year.  Date: Wesley Simon.  Good times!
This was our Senior Dinner Dance.  Pictures were sooo cheap so Molly and I decided to get one together to remember the good times!  I can't help but smile when I look at this picture!
Our group.  The terrible ten plus a few others that were always welcome.  I love these guys!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Lars! Special Needs dance beats out all of those by far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, lauren. these are so great! every single one. I can't believe how fast time flies.

    ReplyDelete