Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Love to See the Temple...

Steph and I decided we were really in need of a temple night so we made a plan to go tonight at 6:30 so we could be there for the 7:00 session.  We invited anyone and everyone to go with us and we ended up having a fabulous little group!  I don't know what it is about going to the temple, but I feel like when you have a goal to go, someone is really trying hard to stop you!  Like tonight, about 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave, a whole cup of bacon grease exploded all over my skirt and shoes.  That just put us behind.  Tish had made an amazing dinner and we were trying to have a bite before we headed out.  As we were about to pull out, I realized that I had totally forgotten my wallet.  Luckily we still made it in time for the session!  The temple was totally PACKED tonight!  The whole chapel was full and there were just too many for one session so we had to wait until the 7:30 session started.  Normally if you are some place it would get a little frustrating to wait but when the temple is busy that is like the coolest thing ever!  So much work is being done!  I didn't mind have the extra time to just sit and meditate and read in the scriptures.  And my whole experience tonight was so wonderful.  I love how the session is the same every time but depending on the circumstances you get something different out of it, something that you really need.  I love walking into the temple and feeling so much peace.  I love that everything in life seems to be put into perspective.  I love being able to receive personal revelation.  I was just recently called as the Temple Prep teacher for my student ward.  This Sunday I will begin teaching.  The lesson is about how the temple helps us better understand the Plan of Salvation.  It really does!  But I am open for any comments or suggestions you have to share...it would help!  I am kind of rambling now...but these are a few pictures of us afterwards.  I first asked another patron to take a picture of us but Carolynn wasn't pleased with the amount of temple in the background.  So she continued to take picture after picture after picture until we got the last one...and then she was satisfied!  I love these girls, and I love to see the temple...

No comments:

Post a Comment