Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mr. Clean Sponges, Pine Sol, SOS Sponges, and good old elbow grease!

Yes, those are all of the things that we used yesterday and today to get our apartment up to living condition.  At about 5:30 yesterday I wasn't feeling so well and needed to just be busy so I started to clean in the kitchen.  Tish got home shortly after and we found ourselves scrubbing until 11.  We started again at 8 and didn't end the cleaning day until 5:30...but now it feels sooo good and it was totally worth it!  It smells, good, looks good, and feels good...we want to have guests over now!  Sorry that I didn't include any pictures of us actually cleaning, but just pictures of the things that were cleaned.  We were not quite looking our best after 14 hours of cleaning!  Some of the things we encountered as we really got into it were beyond what we could have imagined!  But we worked some magic and it is just like new!  Here are the before and after pictures of the oven and behind it.  It was so sick!


The Family Room
Okay, so this idea came all of the way from the Netherlands...thanks Nadeline and Ruben!  I remember going to their home for the first time and thinking it was so cute that they had different shapes and sizes of canvas on the wall that were painted blue and brown to match their living room.  When my roommates and I needed something to feel the bare wall, this idea popped into my head.  It was so simple and I think it turned out all right!  I LOVE the mustard yellow!
The Dining Area
The Kitchen

 Now that things are tidied up, please come and visit!  Tomorrow will be a dinner at 4:30...let me know if you want to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment