Tuesday, September 6, 2011

#13

 I have been such a slacker with my blog!  The past two weeks have been really busy starting school and all!  I have a lot of posts that will be coming shortly.  Here is a little sneak peek at apartment 13.  I love my apartment, mostly because I have the BEST roommates in the world!  We just have so much fun together!  I am so thankful for my mom, Brooke, and Carli who helped me move up and get all situated.  They were amazing to clean and help me feel prepared to start school!  I love you girls!  Hope you enjoy the pics and I promise there is more to come soon!
I LOVE my bed!  Not that it is super special but that it reminds me of so many people.  My mom made the denim quilt for my birthday a few years ago, Jordan made the fleece blanket before he left on his mission, Carli gave me two of the pillows...I just love thinking about every one of these people when I get ready to hit the hay!
Pictures!  These pictures also have a lot of sentimental value.  I remember that Brandt and Kelly gave me the one on the top right for Christmas one year.  That was the first in my collection.  The other two came from my mom and dad...they are so sweet!
My desk!  I love having a desk.  I love getting up early, opening the blinds, and getting to work.  I love keeping things nice and tidy...I can't work with clutter!  I love the new, purple butterfly chair that I purchased on sale at Kohls.  I LOVE when people come in and visit me and have a place to sit...please feel free to come any time!
I kind of love my OCD-ness.  This past Friday I was really overwhelmed with everything so I sat down and mapped everything out for the whole semester.  I love knowing what is going on.  I love the feeling of being prepared.  I love that I now have a 3-ring binder (for all of you who heard the story).  And I LOVE my picture of the tulips and windmill.....thank you Familie Spijkerman!
I love my books.  Church books, Dutch books, children's books, cookbooks...they all mean so much to me!  When I moved up I didn't bring up half of these because I knew I wouldn't have that much room.  But after going a week without them, I had to bring many more up after Labor Day weekend.  I also LOVE my one of many jewelry boxes:)
I love having my own room and bathroom!  It is so nice to just do my thing...I have to admit that I am quite spoiled!  I love the Dutch towels from Jolanda and Jeroen.  I love my mom for spending hours making this sooo clean and putting on a new toilet seat.  I will never be able to thank her enough!
This is probably the highlight of the whole thing....my Dutch birthday calendar!  This was a gift from my dear friend, Sarah Fridsma.  I finally filled it all in and now it is hanging on my bathroom wall, directly across from the toilet...100% Dutch!  I will never forget your birthday!
This is our sad apartment story...can't you tell by the look on Tish's face!  So, last Friday I got up early because I wanted to get some homework done before class.  I hopped in the shower at about 6:30 and the water was FREEZING!  I decided to wait a little longer but when I hopped in again, it was still cold.  Finally I just gave in and took an ice cold shower.  Come to find out...the gas company had put a lock on our gas meter because we hadn't paid the bill...we put utilities in our name but not gas!  Because of the long Labor Day weekend we couldn't get a hold of them until today...so they will be coming tomorrow between 7 and 6:30 to turn it back on.  Only one more cold shower to go!
I can't believe I am putting this picture up....we are certainly looking our best!  But it was 4:30 in the morning so we had good reason.  On the first day of school Katie and I headed up to the education building at 4:30 to turn in our student teaching applications.  When we got there, there was already a line of 25 girls!  I heard the first one got there at 3!  So we were number 26 and 27 and there were still 25 after us.  It is so competitive because everyone wants to get a student teaching spot in Logan or Cache.  Hopefully I'll get it!

2 comments:

  1. 2 count them 2 McDonough SMILES on beautiful girls
    fun to see you
    your apartment is truly you...COLOR COLOR COLOR
    have a grand semester

    deena mann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It was so fun to take take a blog-tour of your apartment. I can't wait to come up there and stay with you. You're just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete