Saturday, September 22, 2012

Yay for Visitors!

Brooke, Carter, and Lincoln came to Logan to spend the night!  They arrived at 5:30 yesterday.  I didn't get out of a district meeting until 3:45 but it was really hard to wait until 5:30 to see them!  Brooke, Lincoln, and Carter have just discovered/are in the process of figuring out that they all have a gluten intolerance so they are eating gluten free.  Do you want to know how tricky that is?  Everything has gluten in it!  Luckily there are a few restaurants that save the day with their gluten free menus!  Pier 49 Pizza serves gluten free pizza so that is where we headed.  It was delish.  
Afterwards we came back to my apartment and just hung out.  We got in our pajamas and played the night away!  The boys brought their favorite toys (trains and planes) and we turned Finding Nemo on.  
Carter made himself a little bed on one of the chairs.  
I wanted the boys and Brooke to have some yummy treats to eat while they were visiting.  I bought things to make caramel popcorn and muddy buddies.  Sadly I didn't get them made before they arrived so they helped out!  We had plenty to snack on!
All 5 of us slept in my room.  We made it to bed way later than we should have but we were having too much fun!  This morning we woke up in no hurry.  The boys built train tracks throughout my apartment and had a ball.  They kept begging us to take them out to my classroom so after we were showered and ready for the day that was our first stop.  
 They love playing with all of the toys in the classroom!
I don't think that I have ever put picture of the water table up.  My mom and I made it at the beginning of the summer for my preschool.  I brought it up to my classroom thinking that I would use it every once in a while but I have used it every week because it provides so many hands-on, exploratory learning experiences!  This last week we learned about the letter G and so I made up some Knox  gelatin (gelatin starts with G) in different containers and put letter beads inside of the molds.  The kids loved playing with it during centers.  I had one more container still in the fridge that hadn't been used so I pulled it out for Cart and Linc.  I added some tools and plastic utensils and droppers and food coloring and they were busy for a long time.  As you can see, the picture on the right is the before and the one on the left is the after.  
While the boys were playing, Brooke helped me hang some student work out in the hall.  What would have taken me 3 hours only took us 1.  She is a lifesaver!  
When we left the school we were all hungry so we stopped at Costa Vida because they also have a variety of gluten free items on their menu.  
After eating it was time for the crew to head home so they could make it to a family birthday party.  It was so sad to see them go!  The weekend couldn't have been better!  Man, how I love these little dudes and Brooke!  Thanks for coming!  Hope to have you again soon!
By the way, here is a not so great picture of my newspaper nails.  I am definitely no hand model.  But they are fun and different.  Jami just brought home a whole newspaper so we are going to do some more experimenting soon.  Pictures will follow!











No comments:

Post a Comment