Sunday, September 23, 2012

What do you think?

I have been doing some thinking.  It all started at choir.  We started practicing some new songs tonight that the stake has chosen for stake conference.  As a stake choir we will be singing "This is the Christ" and "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul."  Before jumping into the technicalities of singing I really like to become familiar with the songs.  I feel like they mean more that way.  I introduced "This is the Christ" tonight.  I showed the last 10 minutes of "The Testaments" where Christ appears to those in the Americas.  It portrays exactly what the beginning of the song is talking about.  Before watching the clip, I asked those that were there to think about two things: (1) How they would feel if they were there and (2) How they know that Christ is their Savior.  I showed the clip and then I opened it up for discussion.  Someone said that if he was there he would know with a surety that Christ is the Savior and that He lives.  A few others agreed with that comment.  I don't know if I agree.  Now, I am not one to disagree or debate but I am trying to figure it out in my mind.  I think that the people who were there surrounding the temple already knew that Jesus is the Christ and that He lives.  That's why they were at the temple.  I know that I don't  have to see Him to know that for myself because I have scriptures, living prophets, prayer, personal revelation, and the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I think that it is a matter of faith.  I do have to say that I am looking forward to the day that I will get to see Him.  It would have been amazing to be those that were surrounding the temple as he performed miracles and blessed the people and taught.  But it is not necessary to see Him to believe in Him.  What kind of a difference do you think it would make for you to actually see the Savior?  Would it change what you know of Him already?  Would it strengthen your testimony of Him?  Please, feel free to leave your comments.  I would really love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment