Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sweet Sunday

Today was one of those amazing Sundays that I didn't want to end.  It all started out with baking and then a brunch with this fabulous couple:
 This is my cousin, Becca, and her husband, Brian.  They got married a month ago and it was so fun to have them over for a little bit!  I never did post about the wedding so I figured I would throw a few pictures into this post.  Here is the official "Cutie Club".  We are all cousins born within a year of each other.  We were so happy to be able to celebrate the big day with Becca!  It was a wonderful day.
After brunch, Tish and I made a quick stop to say goodbye to Carolynn before she headed back to Salt Lake.  It was so fun to see her and go to Lava Hot Springs with her yesterday (that will be posted about later).  She is a gem and we miss her a lot here in Logan!
 We made it to church by 12:30 to have a quick little choir practice before church started.  Church was fantastic as always.  I really loved the Relief Society lesson about staying on the Lord's side of the line. We sang as a choir for the first time since I have been the choir director.  I was a little nervous because we have been low on numbers but we had 22 sing with us!!!  That is the most that this ward has ever had in its choir.  It was absolutely beautiful and the spirit was so strong.  I am so thankful for all of those who were willing to share their talents and sacrifice their time.  After church we had a linger longer and then the home teachers came over.  We have amazing home teachers!  They are so on the ball!  We went to a fireside about family history work at 6.  It was phenomenal and so exciting!  I am really feeling the urge to get involved in family history work and this just increased my desire.  At 7:15 we had all of the choir members over for dinner, hence the 6 foot sandwich:
 We did eat 3/4 of the sandwich and had a great time together.  I love this ward!  We went to ward prayer at 8 and then came back here to settle in for the night.  I just finished writing a letter to Corb and I will be asleep within 5 minutes of posting this.  My heart is so full of gratitude for all of the events that took place today.  I am one lucky and very happy girl!  And I am so looking forward to starting a new week tomorrow!  I have plenty to do in the morning so it will be rise and shine at 5 for me, but it is all worth it!  Happy beginning of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment