Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Day with Dad

Last night I was feeling a little overwhelmed with teaching and health and many other things.  It was like it all hit at once!  My Mom called and I was talking to her and was on the verge of tears but was able to hold back.  I love when I succeed at not crying.  But she could tell something was bugging me so only a few minutes later my Dad called back and I lost it.  Even though it is frustrating to cry, sometimes it is necessary and just helps relieve all of those things that are built up.  He was such a good listener and then said, "Well, can I come up and spend the day with you tomorrow?"  I replied quickly, "Dad, you don't need to do that!"  To which he responded, "I know I don't need to, but I really want to."  And that made me cry even harder.  Dad's can be so sweet and do that to ya!  So at 11:00 this morning he showed up and I couldn't have been more excited!  Carli came over shortly after and we all enjoyed breakfast together.  We went to my ward at 1:00.  It was fun to have both him and Carli there.  Since he hadn't seen my classroom yet, we took a little drive out to Richmond.  By the time we got back it was already 5:15 and we had to be to the CES fireside by 6:00.  Carli and I whipped up some dinner and let my Dad rest for a sec.  We made chicken, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and green beans just in time to eat it and run out the door!  The fireside was fantastic!  If you didn't get to listen to it, I would recommend that you look it up at lds.org.  I know that I will be reading it a number of times.  Elder Holland is so powerful!  Carli and my Dad dropped me off at the church for ward choir.  I am loving choir these days.  We had 17 people come out tonight!  WAHOO!  The numbers keep climbing each week.  I may be using a little bribery (desserts every night we have choir practice and dinner the night after we sing in Sacrament meeting) but at least it is helping.  Next week will be the first time that we sing together.  We are doing a medley of A Child's Prayer and Did You Think to Pray?.  You know, we are not the Mormon Tabernacle Choir but we try to have the Spirit with us when we sing and that makes all of the difference!  After choir I met Carli and my Dad back at my apartment.  We chatted for a few more minutes and then it was time for him to head out.  It was such a memorable and special day with him.  I am always overwhelmed at all of the things that my parents are willing to do for me!  Love you Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment