Thursday, September 20, 2012

Angels

I had the highest of hopes for today that I would be feeling fantastic!  Yesterday I was really nauseous and had chills and aches.  I figured (hoped) that it was only a 24 hour thing but when I woke up at 2 this morning feeling 10 times worse I was a little bummed out.  I tossed and turned from 2 until 3 wondering if I should just hope that I would be feeling better to go to school and teach or if I should give in and arrange for a sub.  I prayed really hard and decided that it would be best to take the day off. I worked on a very detailed lesson plan from 3 until 4 when I called the services that our district uses to get a sub.  Besides arranging for the sub I knew I would need to go into the classroom for about 20 minutes to set a few things out for the day.  I didn't know how I was going to make it in because I could hardly roll from one side to the other while I was lying down, let alone sit up.  I tried to call Carli about 7 times between 4 and 5 to see if she would come with me but I couldn't reach her.  All this time I kept praying and praying that something would work out.  I came to the conclusion that I would have to just go by myself so I grabbed a bucket and went out the car.  I figured that with getting there so early I wouldn't see anyone else, but the janitor decided to show up extra early today as well.  I looked awful in my sweats with my hair in a ponytail and no make-up but I did not care a bit!  I just wanted to get things ready and get back home.  I made it and went right back to bed once I was home.  I slept from 7:30-3:00 and I was maybe awake for an hour in that time.  The sleep really helped me feel better and by 3 I was up to showering and getting a few necessary things done for the day.  Remember how my car registration was expired?  Well, I have been working on getting things done with that but it has been quite the process.  I had to have the safety test done on my car and I was REJECTED because of the massive crack in my windshield.  Yesterday I got a new windshield so I went back and I passed the test.  I then had to go to the county office to finish up my registration and then to the courthouse to take care of the warning.  $530 later I am good to go!  Carli was nice enough to drive with me all over to get these things done.  We made dinner together and Jami and Tish joined us to paint nails.  We finished off the night with Princess Diaries.  Looking back on the day I could have said it was pretty crumby but there were so many angels that made it a day full of tender mercies!  Carli, Tish, and Jami were angels, as well as other family members and friends who sent texts or made phone calls even though they didn't even know I wasn't feeling well.  I am so thankful that Heavenly Father answers so many of my prayers through others!  Thanks to all of you angels out there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sister friend, I love you so much. Wish I could have played with you and your friends today. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete