Saturday, August 13, 2011

WOW!!! A little overwhelming!

My sister Brooke and I were having a little chat the other day about love languages.  I am not way educated in love languages, but I know a bit.  The five include: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch.  I am not quite sure what my love language is but I can tell you what it is not: receiving gifts!  People are soooo nice to give gifts but it is just hard for me to think I deserve it!  And I just don't feel like I can give enough thanks to let the gift-giver really know how thankful I am!  Well, on Thursday I was taking a little nap downstairs when I heard someone come into my room.  It was my dad and he was setting a big garbage bag on the floor.  When he saw I was awake, he said he had a little gift for me.  The word "little" was definitely an understatement!  When I opened the bag, to my surprise, I found a MacBook Pro AND an iPad!  What?!!!  He told me it was just a "little" back-to-school gift.  I was stunned and soooo grateful!  My parents are very generous and thoughtful!

Then later that day I received a call from Stockton 12 Honda and...drumroll please...my car had arrived!  Now, I have kept it a little secret but I bought a car a couple of weeks ago.  So there is a winner of the Cafe Rio gift card...congrats Derek!  I did get a new 2012 Honda Civic and it is a charcoal grey color.  I. Love. It.  It is absolutely beautiful and it smells soooo good!  We went and picked it up that night.
(pic to come soon..it won't upload!)
Well by that time I was feeling pretty spoiled with gifts and receiving things...come on, who normally gets a new car, laptop, and iPad on the same day!  But, there was still more comin'!  We had a competition that night at our family reunion and I won!  So I got first pick at the gifts and I just couldn't pass this up...
yeah, "Our Best Bites" cookbook!  With my new love of cooking and baking I was so stoked to receive that!  And I know it will get a lot of use!  By the time I went to bed that night I was just so overwhelmed.  I had received enough gifts to last me a couple of years!  Thanks Mom and Dad for the computer and iPad!  Definitely don't deserve this all so I hope I can pass the generosity on.  I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. You deserve all of it and MORE. I miss you!!! And I'm happy you're all decked out to go back to school! When do I get to see your beautiful face again?

    ReplyDelete