Monday, August 22, 2011

The Westland 2nd Ward

There are so many things I have loved about living at home since March.  I have been blessed in so many ways!  One of the greatest blessings has been being a part of my home ward again.  When I returned from my mission I just assumed that I would go to the singles ward in my stake because I thought that is what I was expected to do.  I kept making plans to go but something would always come up...giving a lesson, speaking, helping out in primary.  After some time I really just felt that I needed to stay in my home ward.  I love the members of the Westland 2nd Ward!  I grew up in this ward and have many dear  friends.  I am so thankful for all of the teachers and leaders I have had here throughout my life.  I am so thankful for all of those that I have been able to get to know better this summer as I have been home.  My life has been so enriched and I have learned from so many examples.  I am thankful for their love towards me and making me feel so welcome.  I really am going to miss all of these people...they have become more like family to me over the past 6 months than ever before in my life!
Carli, Hailey, and Megan roasting doughboys...YUM!
Karlene Welker, Terri Coburn, and my fabulous Mom, Janet Sharp
Trevor Coburn, Nate Welker, and Nolan Coburn
Hailey Coburn, Jerry Welker, and Megan Welker
My Dad, Jeff Sharp, Carli Sharp, and Kenya Coburn
Nathan Coburn, me, and Corbin Sharp
For FHE tonight we had two families, the Welkers and the Coburns, in our ward over.  We set up the fire pit in the field and enjoyed hot dogs, salad, watermelon, chips, and doughboys.  After dinner we played Jr. Jots and Tittles...a gospel trivia game.  When we finished it was dark and instead of just calling it a night we played Murderer in the Dark!  I felt like a kid again!  We laughed a lot and had a wonderful time together.  It was sad to see the night come to an end because there was such a feeling of love and friendship.  I am so thankful for the opportunity and blessing I have had to get to know these families better this summer.  I love them so much!  I am thankful that Logan is only an hour and a half away and that I will be able to come back and visit every once in a while!  Thanks Westland 2nd Ward for making my time after my mission that much more special.  You will never know how much you have blessed me!

1 comment:

  1. home wards really are the best :)looks like you had a fun evening! ps: what's a doughboy??

    ReplyDelete