Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm gonna miss 'em!!!

Last Wednesday morning I crawled out of bed at 4:30 and drove over to Britt and Marianne's house.  They had asked me to babysit their three adorable kids, Rhett, Jack, and Kate, for a few days while they went on a little road trip to San Francisco.  I was so excited to watch them because I love them so much!  When they woke that day I got them all bathed and ready and then drove Rhett and Jack up to Centerville so they could spend some time with their favorite cousins, Ryan, Landon, and Trevor.  Kate ran a few errands with me and was the best little bud ever!  At about 3:00 we were all ready to go camping.  We drove up past Kamas to stay in the Knotty Pine campground.  It was just beautiful!  Kelly met us up there with all of the boys and we just had the greatest time...doughboys, playground, swimming pool, air hockey, scary stories in the tent, phase 10...it was like the good old days!  We stayed just two nights and we all agree that was a little too short.
 Marianne's mom took the kids Friday night but I got them back again on Saturday.  We had a fun movie night and woke up early for church the next morning.  We had a fab Sunday, even though it was very rainy!  Sunday night we couldn't resist and we had to go dancing in the rain.
And there had to be a warm bath that followed!

Today we took them to see a movie.  It was there choice so we saw "The Smurfs".  Definitely wouldn't recommend but then again Rhett said it was one of his all time favorite movies so I guess I am not a very good rater!  After lunch, naps, and a bike ride, Britt and Marianne returned home!  The kids were very excited to have their mom and dad back, and to see the gifts they brought for them!  Although I am exhausted (being a mom is hard work!) I am going to miss those kids so much!  Good thing they only live a couple of blocks away...I may be stopping by a little more than usual, Britt and Marianne!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! All of those kids are extremely lucky to have yOu as their aunt!

    ReplyDelete