Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A taste of Holland

Yes, it was a week ago today that I drove home after school to visit and have dinner with my grandparents and I drove home again today for another very special visit.  About three weeks ago I found out that Concetta and Killian, newlyweds from the Netherlands, were coming to Utah!  I got to know Concetta while serving in Den Haag and instantly became friends with her.  I also met her husband, Killian, while he and I were in the MTC.  He was preparing to serve in Russia and he would come and help our class with the Dutch language.  Anyway, when I found out that they were coming, Concetta and I made plans to see each other.  I arranged a little dinner at my house for all previous Dutch missionaries that could attend.  I also invited Familie Koot who recently moved to Ogden from Den Haag, the Netherlands.  With it being a Tuesday and all it was a little difficult for many to make it but we had a great group and I am so thankful for all who made the effort to come!  It was so good to hear pure Dutch (not missionary Dutch) again and to be together with so many that I love.  I hope that Concetta and Killian enjoy the rest of their time!  Just a little side note, because I couldn't make it home until 2:30 my Mom and sister did all of the prep.  I am so thankful for them!    
Jami, Sophie, Jillian, Justin

Lincoln and Max

Concetta, Killian, Chantelle, and April

Lara, Sander, Karina, and Max aka Spiderman

Baby Sophie-she is adorable!  

Erik

Linc insisted on taking a picture of me

The whole gang-Concetta, Killian, April, Chantelle, me, Jami, Jillian, Erik, Justin, Sophie, Karina, Elliot, Sander, Lara, Max, and Julia

And, to finish off the night, I even found this little gem on the white board!  Thanks Jillian!

No comments:

Post a Comment