Saturday, October 13, 2012

Catch Up

Most of the time when I don't blog it is because I don't have anything to share.  Over the past 2 weeks I haven't blogged because I have too much to share.  I am going to try to catch up tonight but I won't even get close to fitting everything in!  A lot has happened and a lot is on my mind.  Here it goes:

Last weekend was fantastic!  Friday afternoon I headed for Salt Lake at 4:30 to make it to my mission reunion.  First one that has been held and I loved it!  It was so good to see missionaries, previous companions, dear friends, and President and Sister Brubaker.  It was wonderful and inspiring.  

Over the weekend Carter and Lincoln were staying at our house and we babysat Rhett, Jack, and Kate all day Saturday.  It was so fun to have them around!  Saturday morning we had to take Rhett and Jack to their basketball and football games so we only got tidbits of conference as we were driving to and from sporting events.  Luckily we were in the car when the announcement about missionary ages changed.  WOW!  I think it is so awesome!  I have had a number of people ask me if I wish I could have gone on a mission when I was 19.  My answer: not at all.  The Lord has a plan and I feel like I went when the timing was right for me.  Am I excited that the age has lowered?  My answer:  YES!  I feel like it will give the opportunity to so many young woman to serve.  What a blessing it is!  Anyway, to continue on with the weekend, the rest of it was wonderful.  I have been such a slacker with my camera so this is the only picture I got:

      
After the Sunday afternoon session Lincoln and Carter were painting with some watercolor colored pencils.  They wanted to paint our faces and for some reason we allowed them to.  Aren't they little artists?  My favorite talk as of right now at this moment (for it could change at any moment) is President Eyring's.  I love it!

Monday and Tuesday were really big days at school mostly because they were filled with new experiences: Parent-Teacher Conferences!  I was nervous for my first conference but once things got going it wasn't scary a bit.  I have such wonderful students and parents!  I was really looking forward to having things back to normal by Wednesday and couldn't wait to have the students back at school.  I woke up at about 5:15 on Wednesday and I wasn't feeling well but I just figured that I was tired.  After showering and starting to put my make-up on I started to feel really nauseous and dizzy.  At that point I was determined that no matter how I felt I was going to go to school and just deal with it.  Yeah right.  Only a few moments later I started to throw up.  My determination had vanished.  I had to call for a sub and I was major bummed!  I threw up 8 more times in the next 3 hours and by the end there was a lot of blood in it.  I was a little nervous about it.  When my mom got done at the temple I was able to get a hold of her.  She was a little nervous about it too and insisted that she come to Logan.  Brooke and the boys also came up as a surprise!  Carli was so kind to come over and take care of me until they got there.  By about 2:00 that afternoon I was feeling pretty darn good except for being a little weak.  All of a sudden we were able to link it to being a side effect of going off of prednisone.  That is one helpful but powerful drug and I am happy to be finished with it (or at least I hope)!  I am so happy that it wasn't a flu bug and that I was able to go to school on Thursday.  They all went with me to the school on Wednesday night to help me get things ready for the next day.  They are the best.  

When I finished up with school my family was still in Logan.  We went to Cafe Sabor and enjoyed lunch before they headed out.  Man, I love these people!  Thursday night I had to go back to the school because the other kindergarten teacher and I put on a reading workshop for the parents.  I was a little nervous about the whole thing but it also ended up really well.

 *This is an inside joke-maybe I will share the story sometime:)





Friday was a great day!  School went well and the evening was amazing!  I met Steph and Wendi at 7 for dinner (Steph made delicious Hawaiian Haystacks) and then we headed over to a carmel apple party.  It was fun to be together and also get to know new people.  Oh yeah, and Friday afternoon my friend Alli offered me two tickets to Time Out for Women.  I had wanted to go but didn't ever make firm plans to.  It really was a tender mercy and pure kindness that she offered the tickets to me.  

This morning I went to Time Out for Women.  It was wonderful to see Alli for a minute when she gave me the tickets and then to be able to spend the day with my cousin Becca and aunt Shannon.  Wow, the speakers were phenomenal.  I don't think that there is one specific thing that stood out to me but it was an atmosphere where I could feel the spirit and I received a lot of personal revelation.  What a blessing it was to be there!

Tonight we had the sister missionaries over for dinner!  YAY!  They are the sweetest girls and they carry such a strong spirit with them.  We enjoyed dinner (Wendi and Heidi) came as well, and they shared a beautiful thought.  I committed to pray more for missionary experiences.  I really want them so I am thankful for that commitment.  It reminded me of eating with the members on my mission and how much that meant to me that they were willing to serve us.  I just want to give a shout out to all of you wonderful Dutch members!

 Since I played every other hour of this weekend I decided that I better take some time tonight to get things ready for Monday.  It has really helped me to feel more prepared to start a new week.  

I have also been doing a lot of thinking tonight.  Both of my roommates are seriously dating others and I am pretty sure that they will be moving out in the next few months.  I LOVE my apartment but I am wondering if it would be best for me to also move over Christmas break.  I have no idea where to or who with.  Or maybe I will just end up staying here.  I don't know what I would do in April and May if I stayed here because I know for sure that I would be alone.  I couldn't handle that.  Those are the thoughts on my mind.  

Well, if you have read to this point I am really impressed.  Sorry this was so long-I just couldn't leave anything out!  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment