Thursday, October 25, 2012

A post is needed...

I normally don't post on my blog at 4:40 in the afternoon but I feel that a post is needed!  Last night as I was getting ready for bed I heard Tish and Mike come into our apartment.  Tish knocked on my door and asked if she could come in and I welcomed her.  She entered my room with the biggest smile on her face and she was glowing!  Immediately I knew what had happened...she got engaged!  A little background on Tish:  I met her my sophomore year.  She lived in the apartment behind me and became one of my dearest friends.  Ever since that year we have lived in the same apartment.  When I left on my mission she left only a month after me.  We were in the MTC together and we actually ended up being in rooms right next to each other.  That was a tender mercy.  We kept in touch throughout our missions sharing our miracles and joys and struggles.  We both got home within weeks of each other and once again decided to live together.  She has been someone that I can confide in and is such an amazing listener.  She always makes me laugh and is so kind and thoughtful.  A little less than a month ago, I went home for the weekend and she went on a date with a young man named Mike.  When I got back to Logan she was totally smitten and so was he.  I don't think that I have spent more than 2 hours with her since that time and definitely not more than 30 minutes with him.  They have been together non-stop.  Obviously they care a lot about each other.  Although I have missed spending more time with Tish, I am SO happy for her because I see that she is more happy than I have ever seen her before!  She will continue to be one of my dearest friends but as of December 29th she will no longer be my roommate.  She will be Mrs. Mike Isaacson.  I am sure going to miss her!  Here are some pictures from last night:

They make a cute couple and her ring is beautiful.  So I am on the lookout for a new roommate or a new apartment...I am still not sure which.  My other roommate, Jami, will also be leaving me come early spring so I really need to have some plans.  I know that everything will work out, and it is almost exciting to see what new changes will take place!  Anyway, that is the big news for today.  It is pretty big!

Well, I guess I better get back to party preparations.  I am sitting here with Wal-Mart bags surrounding me.  The party is in a little over 24 hours so I better get started!  And while I am crunched for time:), would anyone like to watch a movie or eat some dinner or just chat tonight?  I am serious.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment