Thursday, October 18, 2012

20 Favorite Fall Break Moments


My fall break began yesterday at 12:31.  I made sure that I had everything finished up at school so that I could leave at that time.  I was so excited to be able to spend a little more time than normal at home with so many that I love.  Here are my 20 favorite things that have happened so far:
  • Grocery Shopping-when I got home, my Mom asked me and Carli to go to the store with her.  I love grocery shopping with my Mom.  It is something we have always done together.  It is so fun to chat while we walk around.
  • Nap-after shopping I decided to take a nap.  It was a short nap that was very rejuvenating.
  • Blind Date Arrangement- received a call from blind date #1 in this series of blind dates.  He sounds like a nice guy.  We will be going mini golfing tomorrow night.  I may or may not let you know how it goes:)
  • Grandma and Grandpa's Anniversary-yesterday we celebrated their 62nd anniversary!  A few of us gathered at their home for dinner.  It was wonderful to spend time with them and aunts and uncles.  We had a very nice night.
  • Pumpkin Pie-I had my first slice of pumpkin pie this season!  It was delicious!
  • Phase 10-when we got home from the anniversary dinner, Mom and I played Phase 10.  Yes, I won.
  • Corb's Room-I refuse to sleep in the basement when I am home.  I am so scared of the dark and of being so far from any other people so I know sleep in Corb's empty room.  It is so fun to be reminded of him.
  • Laundry-the first thing I did this morning was start my laundry.  It is so nice to be able to do my laundry at home instead of at a laundry mat where I have to spend $20.  I love the smell of clean laundry.
  • Hannah's Hair-my Mom called my sister-in-law, Kristin, and asked if she could cut her hair.  While Kristin was cutting my Mom's hair, I watched the four little ones.  Hannah and Crew needed to be to preschool by 9:30 and Hannah's hair wasn't done so I did it for her.  I LOVE doing little girls hair.  
  • Brooke and the Boys-they came over this morning for breakfast and to visit.  The boys were still in their pajamas and were so fun to play with!
  • Halloween Party-I finally made plans for the annual Halloween bash that I will be throwing.  I do it in Logan for all of my family members.  They are so great to be willing to make the trip all of the way to Logan.  All of my family except Britt and Marianne and their 3 kids will make it.  It will be on October 26th.  I am looking for any great games or foods that you have experienced at other Halloween parties.  Please leave a comment and share your ideas for me!  Thanks!
  • Packing-I helped my Mom and Dad pack for their trip to Oregon.  I just loved spending as much time with them as possible.
  • Trip to the Airport-I drove them to the airport at 1:45!  They are in Oregon now spending time with my Grandma and other family members.  I am so happy that they were able to get away.  I sure miss them though!  
  • Organizing-when I got back home I got out all of my old scrapbooking stuff that hasn't been used in years.  I am anti-scrapbooking now.  I am not against others doing it but against myself doing it.  I am all about the digital photo books.  Anyway, I am determined to make all of the cards that will be used in my project for my grandparents out of paper and supplies that I already had.  I found quite a few things during my organizational moment.
  • Girl Talk-I came over to Brooke's and then we both headed over to my sister-in-laws (Marianne) house to visit.  Both Brooke and Marianne are pregnant (WAHOO) so it was a lot of pregnancy talk but I loved it!  
  • Z Gallerie-Derek, Brooke's husband, offered to watch the kids so that Brooke and I could have a girls night.  We went to Fashion Place mall and while we were waiting for a table we walked around the store, the Z Gallerie.  It is phenomenal (and a little pricey)!  It was so much fun!
  • Cheesecake Factory-we ate at the Cheesecake Factory.  We shared the Chicken Madera and my favorite part was the asparagus.  For dessert we had....no cheesecake!  We both had a caramel milkshake.  They seriously make the best caramel milkshakes ever!
  • Christmas Gift Exchange-after dinner we stopped at my parents house and figured out our family Christmas Exchange list for this year.  I have Carli!  I am so excited because she is an easy person to shop for!  
  • Texts from Oregon-my parents have both been sending texts about all of the fun that they are having.  It is so much fun to hear from them!
  • Sleepover-tonight I get to have a sleepover at Brooke and Derek's house.  It is going to be the best thing to wake up to two happy boys in the morning!
So now it is off to bed so that there will also be a happy me in the morning!  Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren! Wow! You pack a lot of things into a short amount of time! I love the idea of keeping a list of the top 20 (or whatever). How lovely to be aware of the good things happening in your life, and sharing the list helps me acknowledge many of the same pleasures. I sampled a delicious pumpkin dip/spread sauce stuff the other day and loved it. I'll look for the recipe. It was simple and could be spread on other yummy things i.e. pumpkin bread, etc. Later with the recipe. Enjoy the next 24!

    ReplyDelete