Friday, October 26, 2012

2nd Annual Sharp Halloween Party and more

Today was wonderful and I am ready for it to be over cause it was exhausting too.  School was awesome and short!  We had an early, early out day for teacher training so the kids left at 11.  Before I went to the training I finally got this project finished up:
 24 envelopes filled with 91 cards sent to all members of the Buchanan family.  I was so relieved after I sent them off at the Smithfield Post Office.  I am excited to see how the project goes.  If only one person sends their card to my grandparents then it is worth it...but I am hoping for at least 80 or maybe even 91!  I had pictures of the 91 cards that I made on my sister's phone but they somehow got deleted:(

As I was looking through my own pictures I realized that I never finished blogging about fall break.  Here is a picture of my Mom and Dad when I dropped them off at the airport.
 Here is me and my buddy card.  He is such a sweetheart and always says the funniest things!
 On Friday of Fall Break we went to This is the Place State Park for their Little Haunts stravaganza.  It was so cute!  Heidi and Jet came with us and we had a wonderful day.







 Friday night I went on the blind date and it was really one of my favorite dates ever!  Saturday I tried to help Brooke prepare for Carter's birthday the next day.  We cleaned and shopped and cooked and baked.  I made Carter's Jet Blue/fighter jet cake.  He is obsessed with anything that flies.  Sunday I went to Preston's "farewell" and then to Carter's birthday party.  I can't believe how fast the little dude is growing up!  After his party I headed back up here.


 Now that I am caught up on last weekend, I can start posting about this one!  The Halloween party has come and gone and it was a hit!  I am so thankful for all of the help from my family.  I am still amazed that they are willing to drive here for just a few hours of fun.  They are so cool.  Here are all of the kids in costumes.  They are adorable!  I missed Ella and Ryan somehow but at least they are in the group pics at the end.
Landon-soccer player

Ava-pirate

Hannah-witch

Crew-pirate

Linc-Hagrid

Zach-cutest little one year-old

Jack-Captain America

Kate-the Black Widow

Rhett-Thor

Trev-Ninja
Carter-Harry Potter

The food was delicious and everyone went all out with their food assignments!  We had bread bowls, two kinds of soups, salad, veggies, grapes, caramel apples, frankenstein krispies, homemade oreos, pumpkin pie and punch.  No one left hungry!




Kristin and Marianne

 I was really terrible at taking pictures but I just didn't have time to think about it!  After we ate dinner the kids had an eyeball race with ping-pong balls and spoons, played ghost in the graveyard with a sheet, did crafts, competed in a mummy wrapping race, played Halloween Bingo and musical chairs.  My favorite thing that we did was a little story called the tale of Hall O' Ween.  The story talks about his brain, heart, hair, ears, eyeballs, nose, hand, blood, and worms that ate him-gosh, now that I am typing it seems quite gruesome.  Anyway, I came up with different foods to go with each thing and put them in separate cups.  We turned out the lights, lit a candle, and sat in a circle.  As I would tell about each body part, I would pass the corresponding food item around so that everyone could feel it.  HILARIOUS.  The facial expressions were priceless!  After the first go-around some of the little ones refused to touch anymore because they were so grossed out.  All of us adults were dying laughing!  It was fun.

Before the party was over we snatched a couple of group shots.  We are missing Ava and Zach in the group pictures but I did the best I could.  They are the cutest nieces and nephews ever!


We cleaned up and everyone got on their way.  It was an awesome night!  Happy Halloween everyone!

Oh, and my favorite quote of the night was from Ella as we were leaving the church and the temple was glowing only a block from us:

"Yeah, it's so pretty.  It looks like a haunted house."

No comments:

Post a Comment