Friday, November 2, 2012

Another One Bites the Dust

Tonight another dear friend got engaged!  I was privileged enough to be a part of the big plans and it was so much fun!  Before I fill you in on tonight, I need to catch up on the rest of the week:

*There are so many pictures that need to be added to this post from my phone; however, that will have to be done at a later time since I don't have the energy to do it right now:)

Monday: Red Ribbon week at school, bean soup, bread bowls, fruits and veggies, pumpkin pie, great company, visiting teaching, Stake Halloween FHE
All the single ladies-Heidi, Wendi, me
Steph and Tomsen
Austin and Jami
Tish and Mike

Tuesday: Figuring out a Halloween costume, extremely excited students, making blocks, time at the apartment

Wednesday: Halloween, witch costume, crazy fun at school, Zoya, fortune cookies, Carli, party hopping
*I so wish that I could include pictures of my adorable students on Halloween-I just don't feel like it is my place to post pictures of them on the internet
Me, Steph, Carolynn, Chuck, Dee, Wendi
Heidi, me, Steph, Candice

Thursday: Long visits and good conversations, rougher day at school, dinner in a pumpkin, a feeling of gratitude for many blessings

Heidi made the dinner in a pumpkin and it was delish!
 Friday: End of the school week, well-behaved students, temple visit, Steph gets engages, dinner with the ladies at the Bluebird

 So to expand a little bit with the big engagement plans...
Tomsen was super on the ball and called me last Friday to see if I would be available to help.  He didn't even have to ask-I was more than happy to do it!  Wendi and I arranged with Steph during the week to have a girls night tonight.  This is a picture of Wendi and at Wendi's house before Steph had arrived.  We had our little secret!
This is the three of us on our way to a park (the first stop of the scavenger hunt).  Steph had not a clue what was going on at this point.  
We went to this park in the island.  We didn't realize how dark it was going to be.  Luckily Wendi was prepared and had a few flashlights.  We had to walk up this little trail to find the flowers and clue.  Wendi had just told us a murder story so I was all freaked out!  I hate the dark and I hate feeling scared.  Thankfully we returned to the car safely!  This is a picture of Steph right after she found the clue.  She was quickly catching on.  
 We drove to the next stop by the temple and found Tish there with the next clue and more flowers.
 We then drove Steph to the next spot, Afton Apartments, where she found Sarah, Annalynne, Dee, and Carolynn.  Tish, Wendi, and I snuck off to change into our black dresses.  We went to a house up on cliffside where Tomsen was waiting.  He was decked out in a tux and saddle shoes.  The other girls arrived only a short time later while Steph was told to wait outside and count to 59 until she could come in.  When she came in, she sat on the couch and Tomsen started to play the Frank Sinatra song, "The Best is Yet to Come" on the piano.  We started snapping to it (I wish that I could explain this better) and he sang the whole song with us as his back-up snappers.  At the end he got down on one knee and popped the question.  She said YES!  It was so exciting!
 We quickly left so that Tomsen and Steph could have their time together.  We went to the Bluebird for dinner and had a great time!  I think that we were all so tired that we were laughing and everything!  Here are some of the highlight quotes of the night:

  • "We are all seeds.  Steph just sprouted and when she has a baby she'll blossom." -Sarah
  • "When she said 'warmed up' she meant lava!" -Carolynn
  • "All of my friends married good gu...well, most of them." -Wendi
  • "That nut just moved." -Wendi  "What nut?" -Annalynne  "Your nut!" -Lauren
  • "We hit a bird with two stones tonight!" -Sarah
  • "Yes, I am doing this in public." -Sarah  "Doing what in public?" -Lauren  "Taking off my belt." -Sarah
  • "Oh my heck, oh my heck, oh my heck, oh my gosh!" -Sarah
I promise that they were really funny when they were said-I guess you just had to be there:)








1 comment:

  1. Good thing I follow your blog. Otherwise I would have no idea that my elder's quorum President and long-time friend/ coworker are engaged. :) J/k I knew it was coming soon

    ReplyDelete