Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Yay!  I can finally post again.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  First things first: Thanksgiving.  I went home for the break last Tuesday after school.  Wednesday was a major cleaning and set up day from 7:30 in the morning until 9 at night, followed by a Hallmark film-you can't help but love them.  Thursday was the big day!  We got some things done in the morning and then went to a Zumba class with other family members.  I LOVE Zumba.  Maria was the one who invited us and I think that we are all glad that she did.  It feels good to exercise when you know that there is going to be so much delicious, calorie-filled food.  We got home in time to shower and finish the last-minute preparations before guest started showing up at 1:30.  We had a smaller group of 28 this year.  We really enjoyed being together.  Here are a few pictures of the tables before the food arrived:


 And here are the guests (minus the kids-they ate too fast and were off playing before I could catch some shots):
*starting at the bottom and going clockwise
Grandpa B., Grandma B., Taylor, Maria, LaRae, Bryson, and Karen
 My Dad, my Mom, Bev, Mark, Heidi, Lex, and Carli
 Brooke, Derek, Brad, Lance, Brandt, Kelly, Zach, and me
 Little Zach with sweet potatoes on his cheeks.  Aren't his eyes beautiful?!
 Trevor and his tower
 Carter
 Lincoln and his tower
 The Turkey Bowl
 People hung around until 11:30, but I headed to bed at 9:30 (thanks to a sinus infection).  We had pie galore and played games and visited.  I am thankful for Thanksgiving and for having a holiday to remind me to count my many blessings.  I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.  I am thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment