Sunday, April 15, 2012

Welkom in UTAH!

I feel like the luckiest girl ever!  Heavenly Father has sure blessed me!  A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from Sarah Fridsma.  She is one of my most favorite people and I adore her family!  They live in Marum in the Netherlands.  Marum is a village included in my second area where I served.  The Fridsmas did so much missionary work and so much with the missionaries!  It was always a special treat to go to their home for dinner or go on joint-teach with them.  Sarah and Hilbert are probably the nicest people in the whole world and they have the most adorable little boys, Gabriel and Lorenzo.  I truly consider them family.  When I went back to the Netherlands with my parents they were our lifesavers!  My mom got a really bad infection and they arranged a doctor appointment and everything!  I just wish everyone had the chance to know them.  Well, back to the e-mail...Sarah informed me that they would be coming to Utah for a week and it just happened to be the week that I was home for Spring Break!  That was a miracle!  We arranged to go to lunch on the Saturday of General Conference in between sessions.  It was so good to see them again!  It was also fun to introduce them to more of my family members.  They became part of the family instantly!  Hilbert and Sarah got tickets to go to conference on Sunday morning but Lorenzo isn't old enough so I had the privilege of watching him.  It was so fun to talk in Dutch to him!  When Hilbert and Sarah came back to my house to pick Lorenzo up we were eating brunch with all of my family and invited them to stay.  It was soooo wonderful!  I was getting the best of both worlds with my Dutch family and my American family!  It was like we were one big, happy family!  They stayed through the second session and then took off.  I met up with them again on Thursday night.  Sarah and I snuck out to get some dessert and were able to catch up on every little detail of our lives.  It was the greatest!  I just love them and I realize that I am so blessed through my mission.  Although the Fridsmas aren't here anymore, I know that we can be together forever because we are family!  Tot ziens Familie Fridsma!  


No comments:

Post a Comment