Sunday, April 15, 2012

Grandma Sharp

This post is so long overdue but I figure better late than never.  I want to introduce you to my Grandma Sharp.  She is one of those women that everyone looks up to and loves.  She radiates light and happiness.  She has lived in Oregon throughout my life.  It has always been a special treat to see her and spend time with her.  Some of my most favorite memories are staying at her house.  She always takes the best care of her guests!  She has created a home of love where the Spirit can be.  Even though she lives miles away she is one of my biggest supporters!  There is never a birthday or Christmas that goes by that she doesn't send a nice card or gift.  It is not the physical things that mean so much to me but her thought and sincerity behind them.  I was so blessed to have her at my farewell before I left on my mission and  at the airport and my homecoming when I finished my mission.  I am so thankful that she made such an effort and sacrifice to be there for me at some of the highlight points in my life.  I love her dearly.  Well, a few weeks ago, after coming back up to Logan after a weekend at home, I found this cutest little package on my counter.  I opened it up and to my surprise it was a little box of Dutch chocolates with the sweetest card!  It brought tears to my eyes.  When I called to thank her for the package, I asked her how she got a hold of the chocolates!  She said that she had seen them somewhere and had to send them to me!  It was so thoughtful!  I am one of her many grandchildren and I know that each grandchild could say that they feel that Grandma loves them individually.  I sure lover her!  Thanks Grandma!  We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment