Sunday, April 22, 2012

Summer is comin'!

It has been a great week...for the most part!  I received a few phone calls on Tuesday and was asked to interview with Cache County School District and Logan City School District.  That caught me off-guard! I applied to both districts thinking that I wanted to keep as many options open possible but I really hadn't given much thought to being in Cache Valley next fall.  I was way excited though!  I had my screening with Cache on Tuesday afternoon and my interview with Logan on Friday.  I think they went okay:)  I should hear this week from Logan whether or not I have a position.  Cache said that it is possible to hear this week or in a couple of months.  I will just have to wait and see what happens!  Things were amazing this week at school!  I am thoroughly enjoying student teaching.  I really love the Kindergarten class.  I also love my cooperating teacher, Carol Searle, and the other Kindergarten teacher, Kerren Coburn.  They are phenomenal and I have learned so much from working with them!  We received 12 eggs on Monday and 5 of them had hatched by Friday afternoon.  The kids love it!  It sure makes teaching a little hard but it is a lot of fun.  The weekend started out a little crazy.  With my allergic reaction last Saturday I was on a steroid, Benadryl, and Claritin.  I was feeling really good on Monday and Tuesday but by Wednesday I was miserable again.  I couldn't figure it out!  It progressively got worse and Friday morning I woke up with another rash and redness and I was swollen from head to toe.  I couldn't figure out how I was having an allergic reaction again when I hadn't taken the antibiotic in over a week!  I went back to the InstaCare and after checking me over the doctor came to the conclusion that I am also allergic to Benadryl and Claritin!  The steroid helped but everything else was working against me!  The doctor told me to just go off of everything and let the allergic reaction run its course.  It could take up to a week to get it all of the way out of my body!  Crazy!  My whole life I have only known that I was allergic to penicillin and then in a matter of a week I find out that I am also allergic to a whole family of antibiotics and Benadryl and Claritin.  I really think it is a blessing!  At least I know now!  Anyway, I wasn't feeling to well on Friday but I did make it to a bean dip party with the roomies.  And guess who came up on Friday night!  CHOPSY aka Carli!  She slept here and Saturday morning we got up and went on a little walk down to Einstein Bros. Bagels to pick up some breakfast.  We brought bagels back for everyone and enjoyed a breakfast outside in the sun.  The weather was so nice!  After getting ready and doing our nails we went to Wal-Mart.  We had such a fun time laughing together!  That night we went with Preston and Tish to Texas Roadhouse.  It was really yummy!  Loaded sweet potatoes are the best!  After I had paid with my card we got up to leave.  As we got in the car I realized that I had taken the book and my signed receipt with me (see the pic below)!  I felt so bad!  Carli ran it back inside to find our waitress in a panic because she thought we had left without paying.  I am such a nerd.   We went to the mall and did a little shopping. At 9 we decided to make a dessert stop at Firehouse.  It was delicious!  We called it a night after watching a movie!  Today, Sunday, has been wonderful!  Church was so uplifting!  After church we got together with a bunch of us and took some pics over at the park.  We enjoyed a popsicle outside in the sun.  Summer is the best!  I am really itching for summer break!  Only 3 more days and I am done with school! YAY!  Hope you had a great weekend as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment