Monday, April 16, 2012

Leg Up For Life!

So there is this most wonderful, beautiful, and positive friend that I have.  I met her when I moved up here at the beginning of the school year.  She lives in the apartment across from mine so I see her quite frequently.  It always brightens my day to see her.  Her name is Kristie Christensen.  She was born without one of her legs.  She has a prosthetic leg but every few years it has to be replaced because of the wear and tear.  Those legs aren't cheap!  Our ward/stake came up with this most awesome idea to do a fundraiser for Kristie!  Our goal is to raise $20,000!  We started the fundraiser a few weeks ago and it has been a huge success.  We have raised $10,000 so far.  That's exciting!  Kristie has been offered a lot by the community. Tonight, Firehouse Pizza gave 15% of all food orders to Kristie.  I went at 5 with a group of people to support the event.  It was so much fun!  There were so many friends there and so many that were planning on coming later.  It is so wonderful to see people come together for such a great cause.  If you have a desire to help Kristie you can check out her blog here.  She is selling wristbands for $5 so it is a pretty easy way to help out.  And prayer is always the greatest help and a service that anyone and everyone can do!  I know that Kristie feels super blessed through all of this but I want her to realize how much she is really blessing us all.  We love you Kristie!

No comments:

Post a Comment