Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughts about the future

Ah!  The future is always a little scary AND exciting to me.  I have never had so many opportunities and options open to me as well as fears and hesitations.  I am one who likes to have a plan.  I have always had a plan for the past 23 years of my life.  After high school I knew I was going to college.  After 3 years of college I knew I was going on a mission.  After a mission I knew I was going back to college.  Now that I am finishing college...I have NO idea what I am doing and I am kind of freaking out about it!  Now really, if I am calm and rational, I know that things will work out just great and that I will get some direction.  However, if I think about it too much I start stressing about where I am going to live, who I am going to live with, what my job will be, etc. etc.  And then I reflect on the past and I remember how the Lord has always guided me as I have tried to do things that are right and trusted in Him.  I am reminded of all of the good things that are taking place in my life or things that will take place in the near future.  Here are a few of them:

  • I passed my final Praxis exam and I am on track to graduate May 5
  • I finish my first of two blocks of student teaching tomorrow
  • I have a plan for the summer-starting my own preschool and summer camp
  • I have a number of job interviews lined up for teaching positions
See, things are so good and I am so blessed!  I am so thankful for the scriptures and prayer and other means that I have to help me know what direction the Lord would have me go at this time in my life.  It is my new resolution to replace this fear about the future with faith!  

No comments:

Post a Comment