Monday, February 20, 2012

Mormon Messages: Create

This weekend I thought a lot about creating.  It is quite amazing, when I take the time to think about it, that we have the ability to create things and benefit from others who also create.  This weekend I really benefited from the creations of others!  

On Friday night, after I returned home, my nephews created a smile with their sweetness and goodness.  They were so happy that I was back from "Nogan" and that created a sense of belonging.  My aunt created a dinner for us and invited us over that night.  My grandparents were also there and they always create a spirit of love.  
 Saturday morning Brooke came over to finish off some creations she had made for a friend's baby shower.  Aren't these jars and serving plates so cute?!  Her example motivated me to also want to create selflessly for others.  Saturday night all of my siblings gathered together to create music.  My little brother's mission "farewell" is next week and he asked us to sing a musical number together.  This is the first time that the six of us will be singing a number together so we are all a little nervous but also thankful for the ability to create something (hopefully) beautiful that will invite the Spirit.
 On Sunday morning my parents created a spirit of peace and unity in our home as they invited us to gather together to study from the scriptures.  Those who gave lessons and spoke in church created an atmosphere for learning and personal revelation and guidance.  After church, we went downtown to attend the Jordan River Temple Presidency devotional.  My mom works at the temple and because of her service we were able to attend.  I am thankful for the temples that have been created.  

Today my mom, sisters, and I worked together to create.  My mom came up with the idea a few months ago to do a clock wall in the living room.  She wanted seven clocks so that she could set each one to a different time zone of the missions members of our family have served in (Japan, Texas, Romania, Florida, Brazil, the Netherlands, and Thailand).  She has been collecting these cool clocks for a few weeks now and we helped her purchase her final two today!  It was so fun working together to hang them and create an inviting and interesting room.
No matter who you are or the talents or abilities you have, you have the ability to create!  I am thankful for this message from President Uchtdorf that inspires me to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment