Monday, December 10, 2012

13 + 1 of My Many Blessings

Just to warn you, there are many pictures included in this post-I give you permission to quickly scroll through them:)

This past Saturday we had the annual Buchanan Family Christmas Party!  It is something that I look forward to every year.  We always have breakfast, a visit from Santa, the Nativity, games, and a Sub-for-Santa.  It is just wonderful to get together and feel the spirit of the season.  One thing I especially love about this yearly event is the excitement of the little ones!  It is so fantastic to be around them and experience the magic of Christmas through them.  That brings me to 13 + 1 of my many blessings-my nieces and nephews (plus Jet, my cousins' little boy).  Look how cute they are on Santa's lap.  Most of them are happy--some of them are terrified:) I think that I was one of those that would have been terrified of Santa at the age of 2 so I understand.  

Crew
Kate
Trevor
Jet
Landon
Lincoln
Carter
Zach
Ryan
Ava
Hannah
Jack
Rhett
Ella

And here are pictures of the families.  All of these people are blessings to me!
Jordan and Kristin's Family
Brooke and Derek's Family
Britt and Marianne's Family
Mark and Heidi's Family
Brandt and Kelly's Family
Grandma and Grandpa B.
The unmarried and non-missionary members of my family
Kris and Steve's Family
LaRae and Lance
Buchanan Sisters
I was only able to snap a few pictures of the kids all dressed up and ready for the Nativity because I was in charge of running it.  This is the highlight of the party for me.  Those little ones remind me of the true meaning of Christmas with such love, purity and innocence.  
Kate, the angel
Trevor, the donkey
Ava, the star
Ella, Mary
Lincoln, the toilet plunger dude/sheep
Just a little side note about Linc's costume--he wanted a shepherd's crook but we only had two and they were already taken.  He found this (unused) beauty in a cubicle and was quite proud of his very own "crook".  It was hilarious!  The whole get-together was fabulous.  I am so thankful for family and especially for those 13 + 1 blessings:)

Oh, and one last thing that I must share before I end this post--Carli should be getting her mission call on Wednesdsay!!!  I am so excited for her.  She will be an amazing missionary.  I can't wait to hear where she will be going!  I will keep you posted:)
This pic was taken on Friday.  She was so kind to come in and help with a big project in my classroom.  The kiddos adored her-so do I:)






























No comments:

Post a Comment