Thursday, August 16, 2012

172

I am officially back in Logan!  It hardly seems like I left.  Summer went by so fast.  But I am happy to be here and ready to start a lot of new adventures...one being living in #172!  Look at this house!  Isn't it classic?  When Tish and I started looking for apartments in June we were having a hard time finding something. I came across this house on KSL and made an appointment with the owner to see it.  When Tish and I did a little walk-through we knew that we needed to live here!  The owner had just barely gutted and remodeled the whole thing.  Everything was brand new-carpet, flooring, bathroom, etc.  We are living in the upstairs which has 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a kitchen and a living room (also known as the corner...you'll see why:)).  It is small and cozy but I think that is what made it so intriguing to me...it reminded me of the Netherlands!  Long story short, Tish and I signed contracts and then found a third roommate-the wonderful Jami Garvin-to live with us.  I know it is going to be a great year!  Me, my Mom, and my Dad drove up on Sunday with a whole trailer and two cars full of stuff.  My Mom stayed up here with me until yesterday afternoon making sure that everything was put together and just right.  She finished so many projects and made our apartment perfect!  She is such a handy woman and can do anything!  I am so thankful for her to give of her time to help me.  I can't thank her enough!  This is how everything turned out once we got it all together:

We didn't do anything to this area but isn't it beautiful!  The staircase is 111 years old.  And isn't the chandelier gorgeous?!  I admire it every time I walk in the house.

My desk

My bookshelf, jewelry, "vanity"

My bed

My closet

The rest of my room

The bathroom

The dining area

The kitchen

The corner
The dishes.  This may be my favorite part of my apartment because, to me, it means gathering.  My goal is to have people over A LOT!  To eat, to socialize, to enjoy one another's company.  So, please come over!  

2 comments:

  1. of course this is the cutest thing i have ever seen! you know how to decorate:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drove through Logan today..hitting myself over the head now for not coming over to give you a big ol hug... Next time! I noticed Logan has an amaaaazing 2nd hand bookstore on Main, so next time might have to be soon ;) house looks great, enjoy every minute! X

    ReplyDelete