Thursday, March 8, 2012

A lot has happened...

Life is crazy and can take so many expected and unexpected turns.  Lately a lot of things have taken place. Corbin is officially a full-time missionary!  We dropped him off at the MTC yesterday at 1:10.  As we pulled in to drop him off I got so excited!  All of my wonderful MTC memories came flooding back!  Those were some of the best 9 weeks of my life and I would go back in a heart beat!  I started to think about all of the wonderful experiences that Corb will have and I was ecstatic for him to go!  Yeah, I was also a little sad but there is no where else I would rather have him be.  Now I am just trying to be patient waiting for his first letter to come.  It will be good to hear from him.  All of the things with Corbin leaving were expected turns.

Now, moving on to the unexpected turns.  I went home on Monday night after school because Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment and Corb's setting apart and Wednesday I was going with the fam to drop him off at the MTC.  When I arrived home I found my dad sick on the couch with aches and chills and a fever and terrible cough. I tried to be as cautious as possible but in the middle of the night I could already feel it settling in.  Surprise, surprise...I was getting sick...again!  Okay, I really need to stop being facetious and sarcastic but it is either that or pure frustration!  I was thankful to be going to the doctor the next day.  This was my first appointment with this doctor.  I wasn't very pleased with the doctor that I have been going to over the past several months because he was so quick to diagnose and put me on a medication that I would be taking for the rest of my life.  I just felt really uneasy about it all.  Well, the doctor I went to on Tuesday was phenomenal!  He seriously spent two hours with me!  He is a great listener and is very thorough.  He was a little hesitant to believe, just because of my blood tests back in July and September, that I have Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.  So, he told me that we are starting back at square one trying to figure out what is going on.  Although I was a little overwhelmed by the thought of starting over, I feel really good about it.  He sent me to a really specialized lab to get some more blood work done that he should have the results of by this coming Tuesday.  I am really anxious to see how the results come back.  It would be great to find out that I do not have MCTD but also a little discouraging because if I don't have that, what is it?  I guess that my search for answers will just continue!

Even though this year has been the most difficult of my life, I had an amazing realization a couple of weeks ago as I was teaching Temple Prep.  The lesson was on preparing to enter the temple.  I had a feeling to give all of the class members time to fill out the "Attribute Activity" in Preach My Gospel.  I also filled it out in my own Preach My Gospel manual.  I had answered the questions many times previously so I could see my answers from months and years past.  It was interesting for me to compare my answers now with those from before.  I noticed that there were some areas that I scored lower in, specifically patience.  I know that I need to work on that at this time.  However, there was one point under faith where I scored the highest out of all of my times filling out the attribute activity: I feel confident that God loves me.  It caught me by surprise!  Why, at this time, when I am struggling more than I ever have, am I confident that God loves me?  Because of all of the blessing that I have.  I need to experience these health challenges to recognize and feel His love.  I love Him.  I am thankful that He knows what I need and what will bring me closer to Him.  I am thankful for those unexpected turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment