Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The BEST Birthday EVA!

Probably every year I have said that it was the best birthday ever, but this year it really was.  Yes, 24 years ago on March 21, 1988 I was born.  Can you believe it?  24 years already?!  It definitely was a reason to celebrate!  Let me share with you how my day went:
  • Received a call at 6:55 from my mom on her break at the temple wishing me a happy birthday!  Noticed that I had a message on my phone...Carli was the first to wish me a happy birthday at midnight!  Thanks chopsy!
  • After waking up, showering, and getting ready, I got birthday hugs from Wendi and Steph!  I also found the most delicious raspberry muffins (they are my favorite kind--Lehi Roller Mill) on the counter with the cutest birthday note from Tish!  Yummy breakfast=great day!  Oh, and I also got a birthday hug from Brett!
  • Katie came over singing happy birthday and then we headed out the door to the teacher fair on campus.  As we were walking to my car I noticed an orange parking ticket envelope!  I was kind of freaking out until I opened it and realized that it was really a birthday card from Ryan who is a parking ticket issuer (I don't know what the job is really called:)).  It was so nice and thoughtful of him!
  • Attending the teacher fair was a little stressful and exciting at the same time!  Districts from the state and from other states were there.  I had interviews with Granite, Salt Lake, and Alpine districts and then I set up other interviews with the six other districts that I am most interested in!  I can't believe I am to this point of finding a job!  It was so fun to spend the day with Katie!  While we were waiting for interviews Carolynn came and visited us.  Loved that!
  • Received lots of texts and Facebook posts throughout the day from friends and family!  I really felt the love!  Thanks for thinking of me and making my day so special!  
  • Went to lunch with Katie at Cafe Rio...delish!
  • Checked the mail when I got back.  Found a birthday card from Elder Sharp!  YAY!  He was so kind with his words and just brightened my day even more!  
  • Entered my apartment to find it decorated with streamers and balloons!  The best part was the messages on the balloons!  I loved reading them all!
  • Talked to Carli, Mom, and Brooke on the phone.  They were really good at tricking me!  After I talked to them I decided to take a little snooze.  In my dream there was this weird clanking noise.  Suddenly, I realized that the noise wasn't really in my dream but that it was for real.  I thought that a bird had flown into my window until it happened again, over and over.  I hopped out of bed, realizing that someone was throwing rocks at my window.  I opened the blinds and to my surprise...I was Brooke, Dad, and Mom standing on the lawn, laughing their heads off at my shocked expression on my face!  I couldn't believe!  They came up just to spend a little time with me on my birthday!  They came in and we visited for a bit.  We then went to dinner at the Coppermill.  It was our first time there and it was a lot of fun!  We also had to stop at the Bluebird to pick up some chocolates.  After coming back to my apartment for a bit, they headed back home.  The nicest thing ever that they took the time to come!  Definitely something I will always remember!
  • Had a little party!  My roommates and some friends put together a little birthday dessert night for me and a bunch of friends came over.  Tish made another one of my favorite things...raspberry pretzel jello salad.  They all made it extra special!  They sang and I got to blow out 24 candles!  I got all 24 in one breath so I am hoping my wish will come true!  They also surprised me with some thoughtful gifts!  Danielle gave me earrings that she made!  She is so talented!  Wendi gave me the most amazing pens and a book about why she loves me!  Seriously, one of the best gifts I have ever received!  Steph gave me a beautiful necklace and yummy smelly lotion!  I was spoiled!  
  • Came into my room tonight to find a few new voicemails on my phone along with more text messages!  Brandt and Kelly, Britt and Marianne, Becca, and Molly, thank you for the birthday wishes and songs!  Loved them all!  I also got to talk to my Grandma and Grandpa Buchanan...that is always a special treat!  And logged on to Facebook to see even more posts!  Man, you all are the best!  Thank you for making my 24th birthday the best ever!  I sure feel loved:)









No comments:

Post a Comment